EAST TEXAS (KETK) It’s been a long year for non-profits all over the country due to the coronavirus pandemic, and those in East Texas are no exception. Here is your opportunity to make a difference and give back to those organizations that do so much for our community.
East Texas Giving Day is an 18-hour day of giving that provides critical funding for our area nonprofits. This year the date is April 27. Donations open at 6 a.m. and will go until midnight.
The categories that these non-profits cover include: animals, children’s education, helping victims of sex trafficking, keeping today’s youth out of drugs and alcohol, and so many more.
Last year, even in the midst of a pandemic, more than $2.2 million was raised for nonprofits all over the area.
To participate in East Texas Giving Day, a nonprofit must be located in, or primarily serve, one of the 32 counties in East Texas Communities Foundation’s (ETCF) service area.
The 32 counties served by ETCF include:
- Red River
- San Augustine
- Van Zandt
- Shine launches Warrior Woman, celebrates single moms in Tyler
- Times Square on lockdown after woman, child injured in shooting: officials
- East Texas shops gather in downtown Tyler for National Small Business week
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Some severe weather possible for Mother’s Day
- Founder of Mother’s Day hated candy and greeting cards, preferred moms get a different gift entirely