The Smith County Bar Foundation exists to further justice and the rule of law in Smith County, Texas by educating and serving its citizens.
The Foundation accomplishes these goals by:
- establishing programs designed to educate members of the general public as to their legal rights and responsibilities
- promoting and facilitating the exercise of the legal rights of the poor
- serving the community through programs designed to assist those affected by the justice system
East Texas Giving Day is an 18-hour day of giving that provides critical funding for our area nonprofits. This year the date is April 27.
Last year, even in the midst of a pandemic, more than $2.2 million was raised for nonprofits all over the area.
To participate in East Texas Giving Day, a nonprofit must be located in, or primarily serve, one of the 32 counties in East Texas Communities Foundation’s (ETCF) service area.
The 32 counties served by ETCF include:
- Red River
- San Augustine
- Van Zandt
- Coach Joe Willis holds his first spring football game with Tyler Legacy on Friday night
- Community gathers to remember fallen officers during Rusk Police Memorial
- New Diana boys’ golf team have their eyes set on the UIL State Tournament
- Iowa man faked own death to trap 2 victims in apartment, police say
- Fresh 15 to shut down some roads in Tyler on Saturday