TEXARKANA, Texas (KETK) – The Texarkana Police Department is looking for a woman accused of stealing property from a relative.
According to police, Amanda Hughes stole more than $2,500 in property from an elderly relative.
They say a 71 year-old relative of let Hughes use her credit card in order to buy food and clothes for her two young children. However, Hughes began using the card for numerous unauthorized ATM withdrawls for cash over the course of the summer, totaling almost $4,500.
Unbeknownst to her, Hughes was captured on camera every time that she went to withdraw money from an ATM.
She agreed to turn herself in last Wednesday after a warrant was issued, but still has yet to show up. Police are asking everyone to be on the lookout for Hughes.
If you see or have seen this woman, please contact the Texarkana Police Department at 903-798-3116 or Texarkana Area Crime Stoppers at 903-793-STOP.
- State lawmakers plan to funnel $7.2 billion to Texas unemployment insurance fund
- Rusk County Sherriff looking for suspect involved in several area burglaries
- Tuesday Evening Forecast: Dry conditions continue through tomorrow with humidity slowly increasing
- Commuters held up phones as woman was raped on train, police say
- Cowboys safety Kazee arrested on DWI charge in Dallas area