LUFKIN, Texas (KETK) – The Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin remains closed due to damages from the February arctic blast.
Zoo staff commented that the storm caused “more damage than the past two hurricanes.” They say progress is being made, but they ask that people be patient while they get the zoo fixed.
The Ellen Trout Zoo is a Lufkin city department, so they say they have support from the city during their repairs and thanked all city employees who came out to help.
For those that want to help, they ask that people consider “monetary donations as we are not currently bringing in admissions fees to support the zoo.”
The zoo also shared photos of how everything looked after the snow fell Feb. 15.
- Lindale community holds town hall to discuss race after controversial photo of student kneeling on boy’s neck
- PHOTOS: Deep sinkhole causes road closure in Kilgore
- Tyler ISD names new principal for Peete Elementary School
- Walter Mondale, Carter’s vice president, dies at 93
- 6-foot-tall stool set up at Longview High School as a message to fund Texas education