LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) — Someone in Longview has claimed a $5 million jackpot as the winner of a Lotto Texas drawing on June 5.
But most people will never know who the winner is.
“The claimant elected to remain anonymous,” said a statement Wednesday from Texas Lottery.
The cash value option was selected at the time of purchase and the Longview resident will receive about $3.7 million before taxes.
The winning Quick Pick ticket was purchased at EZ Bee 49, 514 S. Eastman Road, in Longview and matched all six numbers drawn.
- Former Cowboy Quincy Carter’s past mistakes didn’t crush his love for teaching the game of football
- Surfing for gold: Dependent on weather, defined by the ocean
- Six people injured in early morning shooting at after-hours club in Amarillo
- Michigan man carries flag for Samoa as Tokyo Olympics begin
- COVID-19 stays center stage at Tokyo Olympics