DENVER (KDVR) — A woman was arrested after her car crashed into multiple headstones at a veterans cemetery in Denver on Memorial Day, police said.
The Denver Police Department said the suspected driver was a woman who also sideswiped two parked vehicles at Fort Logan National Cemetery.
Police believe alcohol or another intoxicant was a factor in the crash.
Douglas County Commissioner Lora Thomas was visiting her father’s gravesite when she saw a car among the headstones.
“Traffic jam going to Dad’s grave at Ft Logan,” she tweeted. “There’s a car in between headstones. Saw an officer cuff a woman and walk her away. Hope no one got hurt.”
She posted images of a damaged red car with headstones knocked down nearby.
The suspected driver remained at the cemetery until police arrived. No further information has been released on possible charges against the driver.
- Pizza delivery driver dies in ‘freak accident’ on customer’s porch
- Pentagon chief says Guard who refuse vaccine cannot train
- Republicans push for more GOP women in Congress
- Watch live: Abortion rights at stake in historic Supreme Court arguments
- Poll: 30% of unvaccinated say omicron has made them consider inoculations