SMALL TOWN SALUTE: Montalba’s history dates back to 1881

Community

MONTALBA, Texas — The name of this Anderson County town was used as early as 1881 when William J. Hamlett Jr. applied for a post office. It is located about 18 miles east of the Trinity River and 4 miles south of Beaver Creek. The nearest post office that time was in Tennessee Colony.

 Montalba presumable got its name from the white sand on a mountain to the east.

In the 1970s there was gas station, churches and a community center there. Today it is home to a few hundred people.

A BIG SALUTE TO THESE SMALL TOWNS TOO

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

THE NFL DRAFT
April 29 2021 07:00 pm

Trending Right Now

Don't Miss

Community Calendar

KETK Twitter & Facebook

FOX51 Twitter & Facebook