HALLSVILLE, Texas (KETK) – Hallsville sits in Harrison County and is 13 miles west of Marshall with a population of 2,772 .
The area was first settled in 1839 when Fort Crawford was build one mile west of the site of present Hallsville by W.C. Crawford as a protection against indians.
In 1849, the Fort was reported to have had a post office and a two-story building that served as a church, masonic hall and school. All that remains at the original location is a cemetery.
A post office named Hallville opened in 1869 and the first business in the new community was a saloon.
From 1869 to 1872, the town was the terminus of the railroad and the railroad company built a general office and machine shops there.
The community incorporated for the first time in 1870 was a boom town with as many as 50 businesses in the early 1870s.
A bank opened in the community in 1909. In the 1920s the post office changed the spelling of its name to Hallsville.
Those who want their small town to be featured are encouraged to send an email to email@example.com along with pictures and and information on why it should be included in the show.