TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Roberts and Roberts Law Firm is holding its annual ‘The Ride is On Us’ campaign that is aimed at preventing drunk driving during New Year’s Eve and Christmas celebrations.
Roberts and Roberts will provide Longview and Tyler residents with free rides through Jan. 1. For pickup, call Tyler Car Service or use the Pony Ryde app.
“We’re trying to get people used to the idea of calling for a ride home during the holiday season so that they’re comfortable with calling for a ride home year round,” said Randy Roberts, managing attorney of Roberts and Roberts Law Firm.
As long as you are in the city limits in Tyler or Longview, you can be picked up from your location and dropped off at home.
Local bartenders are also strongly urging those that choose to drink to find safe alternatives to getting home after a night out. One bartender at Dog Tags, Brandi Ma’Ani, said she has done the job for more than 16 years and that New Year’s celebrations tend to get chaotic. She said that this year, she will let people know about the free rides that are available.
“If you’re going to drink, you need to have someone that is going to drive you around or someone to come get you,” she said.
To request a ride, you can download the Pony Ryde app or call Tyler Car Services at 903-592-3232.
- 2008 vs. 2022 Beijing Olympics: No lofty promises this time
- ‘Boycott Pepsi’ is trending online and it has a tie to Texas politics
- Marshall police make arrests for crimes involving guns
- Mark Cuban launches online pharmacy in bid to help consumers find cheaper medications
- Garret Hope with City of Tyler talks about upcoming events in Tyler