LINDALE, Texas (KETK) – Smith County Sheriff’s Office has determined that the shootings Monday in Lindale were an aggravated assault and suicide.
“It has been determined that George Herndon – 44, shot his wife with a small caliber handgun. Shortly thereafter, he turned the gun onto himself and sustained a fatal gunshot wound to the head.” said the sheriff’s office.
Shortly after this incident occurred, Crime Scene Investigators began collecting and documenting evidence at the scene while Criminal Investigators conducted their investigation. Through their collaborative efforts, it has been determined that this incident involved an aggravated assault and suicide.
“The victim is still hospitalized at this time and is in serious but stable condition. Her name is being withheld until next of kin can be notified,” the statement said.
The shootings occurred Monday morning at a home just north of Lindale in 18500 block on U.S. Highway 69 North.
Paramedics arrived on the scene and treated both victims, but the the man died. The woman was still conscious and was quickly taken to a local hospital for treatment.
- Kilgore College, TJC, Trinity Valley, and the rest of the SWJCFC get ready for the 2021 fall football season
- Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee arrested for civil disobedience over voting rights bill
- “I thank god we found our family” TikTok reunites Michigan siblings after 40+ years
- East Texas school districts reviewing mask policies as COVID-19 cases rise
- ‘Happy tears’: Lee’s gold sparks joy at home in Minnesota