ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB) — A wild turkey broke into a New York woman’s house, leaving a path of destruction in its wake.
According to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the Erie County woman, who was not named, heard a loud crash on March 23 and discovered a turkey had smashed through an upstairs bedroom window.
She was able to confine the turkey in a bathroom. The turkey flew around the room, crashing into walls and shattering mirrors.
Two DEC officers were able to use a neighbor’s fishing net to capture the turkey. They later freed the bird outside.
The officers also helped the woman clean up the mess left by the turkey.
- Man arrested for abuse after daughter with mental disabilities had feet amputated because of frostbite
- Texas gas prices go up for first time in nearly one month
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Mother accused of killing 10-year-old son after trying to cut out his tongue
- Long Island acid attack: College student doused in face in ‘heinous’ crime