ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB) — A wild turkey broke into a New York woman’s house, leaving a path of destruction in its wake.
According to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the Erie County woman, who was not named, heard a loud crash on March 23 and discovered a turkey had smashed through an upstairs bedroom window.
She was able to confine the turkey in a bathroom. The turkey flew around the room, crashing into walls and shattering mirrors.
Two DEC officers were able to use a neighbor’s fishing net to capture the turkey. They later freed the bird outside.
The officers also helped the woman clean up the mess left by the turkey.
- LaPoynor offense explodes Tuesday night as the Flyers take care of Woden 99-53
- Tyler Lions have a dominant performance over rival Tyler Legacy 74-27
- Tyler Legacy Lady Raiders take rivalry matchup over Tyler 51-34
- Community shows support for Daisy George’s family during Hallsville Christmas Parade
- 1 person flown to hospital after 2-vehicle crash in Overton