HOUSTON (CW39) – We’re now getting a look at the best and worst states for for Jobs in 2021, according to the personal-finance site WalletHub.
The website compared all 50 states using 35 different indicators. Those included job-market strength, opportunity and economic vitality. The survey also looked at things like employment growth to median annual income to average commute time.
Texas came in the top half landing at 19th. South Dakota and Nerbraska topped the list.
Here is where Texas ranked in some of the key factors:
- 40th Job Opportunities
- 28th Employment Growth
- 3rd Monthly Average Starting Salary
- 39th Unemployment Rate
- 9th Median Annual Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 47th Avg. Length of Work Week (in Hours)
- 36th Avg. Commute Time (in Minutes)
- 33rd Job Satisfaction
- 12th COVID-19 Positive Tests in the Past Week per Capita
To read the full report head over to Wallethub.
- Country music star leaves $1,000 tip for waitress working a double while caring for her daughter
- Texas DPS graduates largest class of troopers in department history
- 2 arrested after shooting at cars in Rusk County
- ‘I didn’t quit’: Simone Biles responds to criticism
- Rory McIlroy reveals reason he won’t wear hat at the Olympics