DETROIT (AP) — Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling more than 430,000 light truck tires in the U.S. because they can develop sidewall bulges that could lead to tire failure.
The recall covers certain Discoverer, Evolution, Courser, Deegan, Adventurer, Hercules, Back Country, Multi-Mile, Wild Country and Big O tires in several sizes.
The company says in documents posted Friday by U.S. safety regulators that the bulges can cause a sidewall separation. That can make the tires lose air rapidly, increasing the risk of a crash.
Cooper, based in Findlay, Ohio, said there have been no deaths or injury claims, or property damage, due to the problem.
Owners will be notified and dealers will replace the tires. The recall is expected to start March 25.
The tires were made between Feb. 1, 2018 and Dec. 1, 2019. Owners can contact the company at (800) 854-6288.
|BIG O||AT/T BIG FOOT/275/65R18|
|BIG O||BIGFOOT A/S/275/65R18|
|COOPER||DISCOVERER AT3 4S/275/55R20|
|COOPER||DISCOVERER AT3 4S/275/65R18|
|DISCOUNT TIRE||DISCOVERER ATP/275/65R18|
|HERCULES||TERRA TRAC A/T II/275/65R18|
|LES SCHWAB||BACK COUNTRY QS3 TOURING HT/275/65R18|
|LES SCHWAB||BACK COUNTRY QS4 ALL TERRAIN/275/65R18|
|MASTERCRAFT||COURSER HSX TOUR/275/65R18|
|MICKEY THOMPSON||DEEGAN 38 ALL-TERRAIN/275/55R20|
|MICKEY THOMPSON||DEEGAN 38 ALL-TERRAIN/275/65R18|
|PEP BOYS||ADVENTURER A/T/275/65R18|
|PEP BOYS||ADVENTURER H/T/275/65R18|
|TBC||MULTI-MILE WILD COUNTRY XTX SPORT 4S/275/55R20|
|TBC||MULTI-MILE WILD COUNTRY XTX SPORT 4S/275/65R18|
- Starrville Church shooting suspect indicted on capital murder charge
- US setting up $1.7B national network to track COVID-19 variants
- VAX FACTS: North Tenneha Church of Christ hosts 1st dose Pfizer vaccine clinic on Saturday
- 4 people indicted on charges they kidnapped, beat a man they knew
- Bill that would allow Texans to carry a gun without a license passes initial vote in Texas House