DIANA, Texas (KETK) – The Upshur County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a homicide after a body was found on April 3.
On the 1600 block of Swan Road in Diana, witnesses found a body inside a residence and called authorities around 11:38 p.m. According to police, the person appeared to be the victim of an assault.
Police say the victim is known to his neighbors, but the sheriff’s office is not releasing the name until a next of kin can be located.
Investigators are following up on leads gathered at the scene.
This is a developing story. KETK will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Thursday Midday Forecast: Cloudy with a few peeks of sun
- Mineola woman indicted for car crash that killed grandma and infant
- Man arrested for abuse after daughter with mental disabilities had feet amputated because of frostbite
- Texas gas prices go up for first time in nearly one month
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead