TYLER, Texas (KETK)- One woman was killed and two men were injured during a shooting at New Orleans Flavors Daiquiri on Friday.
Tylsha Brown, 46, from Katy, Texas died from her wounds. Jaderick Willis, 21, from Jacksonville and Jalen Cavitt, 20, from Alabama were shot, but they are in stable condition.
According to the Tyler Police Department, the incident happened after 11:30 p.m. at 3709 Troup Highway. The business was still open and there were large birthday parties, families and children still inside.
Police have not arrested any suspects. There could possibly be five suspects that are considered “armed and dangerous.”
Officials believe there was a disturbance or argument between some people that led to the shooting.
Several rounds were found inside the business.
Multiple vehicles were also shot. Five different types of rounds were found on the scene, which could belong to pistols and rifles. Bullet casings were also found in the north side of the parking lot of the restaurant and in the parking lot of Don Benito’s.
“It’s been a long time since we’ve had a shooting like this,” said Andy Erbaugh, Public Information Officer with the Tyler Police Department.
All of the victims were transported to UT Health on Beckham Ave. through EMS.
Major Crimes Detectives and Crime Scene Investigators are still at the scene of the incident investigating. They also have video of the shooting that they are reviewing.
If anybody has any information on this case please contact Tyler PD at 903-531-1000 or call Tyler-Smith County Crime Stoppers at 903-597-2833.
This is a developing story. KETK is working to get the latest information.
- Kilgore College, TJC, Trinity Valley, and the rest of the SWJCFC get ready for the 2021 fall football season
- Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee arrested for civil disobedience over voting rights bill
- “I thank god we found our family” TikTok reunites Michigan siblings after 40+ years
- East Texas school districts reviewing mask policies as COVID-19 cases rise
- ‘Happy tears’: Lee’s gold sparks joy at home in Minnesota