RUSK COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – Two people were arrested after a caller said to officials that two vehicles were speeding southbound Hwy 42 and were reportedly shooting at each other.
On Thursday afternoon, around 4 p.m., the Rusk County Sheriff’s office responded to the call in the area of Hwy 42 and FM 13.
When deputies arrived, they located one of the vehicles that had a flat tire and bullet holes in it. The car was occupied by five people including juveniles.
Deputies located two suspects a couple of hours later. 19-year-old Anthony Muench and another suspect, who was as a juvenile, were taken into custody. Both were charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
The Rusk County Sheriff’s office said that the incident is an ongoing investigation and will release more information at a later time.
Sheriff John Wayne said that there no injuries during the incident and that more arrests may be made.
- Teen found shot to death in front yard of Texas home
- JOB ALERT: Sprouts Farmers Market in Tyler needs a senior deli clerk
- Texas doctor says he performed abortion after 6 weeks to challenge state’s restrictive law
- Monday Morning Forecast: Cold front on the way
- Pfizer says its COVID-19 vaccine works in children ages 5 to 11