CASS COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – On Monday, DPS officers responded to a fatal crash in Cass County on US 59 about 4 miles south of Linden.
According to a report from DPS, a 2018 International truck was towing a 2020 Hyundai trailer and stopped for a school bus on US 59 in the outside southbound lane. DPS said a 2006 Toyota Tundra was also traveling in the southbound lane behind the truck, and for an undetermined reason, the driver of the Toyota failed to control the vehicle’s speed and struck the towed vehicle.
The driver of the 2018 International truck was identified as Alton Marshall, 31, of Magnolia, AR. He was not injured.
The driver of the Toyota was identified as 21-year-old Brandon Prewitt of Texarkana, AR, and was pronounced dead.
The crash remains under investigation, and no further information is available.
- SFA makes a monster statement at home beating Grand Canyon 71-46 Thursday night
- 2022 FCA Heart of a Champion coaches prepare for another All-Star event in East Texas
- Smith County homeowner allegedly lit cigarette while using oxygen tank, leading to house fire, 2 injuries
- Palestine High School goes virtual after many teachers are absent due to COVID cases
- Warming centers opened at Tyler Salvation Army for those in need