TYLER, Texas (KETK) — A 6-year-old child who was pulled from the bathtub of a Tyler motel Thursday night remains unresponsive Friday at a Dallas hospital.
The child was moved over night from Christus Trinity Mother Frances Hospital to Children’s Medical in Dallas.
Someone at the Town House Motel, 2420 E. Gentry Parkway, called 911 about 5 p.m. Thursday to report a disturbance in a nearby room, said Andy Erbaugh, Tyler PD information officer.
When police arrived, the child had been removed by family members from the bathtub and was unresponsive. The child was rushed to the hospital. Police initially said the child was in critical condition.
Tyler police detectives and crime scene investigators were called to the motel because the case involving a child who had been injured, he said.
Detectives are questioning adults who were present, Erbaugh said Friday. The investigation is ongoing.
No one has been charged with a crime, he said.
The identity of the child and the family members have not been released.
“We are keeping in touch with the hospital about the child’s condition,” Erbaugh said.
- PRECIOUS METAL: Soaring metal prices fuel black market of catalytic converter theft in East Texas
- TJC rallies past North Arkansas to lead off postseason
- How to get a $50 discount on your broadband bill
- Upshur County Sheriff’s Office to hold open house May 18
- VAX FACTS: Jarvis Christian College offering Pfizer vaccines to the public next week