TYLER, Texas (KETK) — A 6-year-old child who was pulled from the bathtub of a Tyler motel Thursday night remains unresponsive Friday at a Dallas hospital.
The child was moved over night from Christus Trinity Mother Frances Hospital to Children’s Medical in Dallas.
Someone at the Town House Motel, 2420 E. Gentry Parkway, called 911 about 5 p.m. Thursday to report a disturbance in a nearby room, said Andy Erbaugh, Tyler PD information officer.
When police arrived, the child had been removed by family members from the bathtub and was unresponsive. The child was rushed to the hospital. Police initially said the child was in critical condition.
Tyler police detectives and crime scene investigators were called to the motel because the case involving a child who had been injured, he said.
Detectives are questioning adults who were present, Erbaugh said Friday. The investigation is ongoing.
No one has been charged with a crime, he said.
The identity of the child and the family members have not been released.
“We are keeping in touch with the hospital about the child’s condition,” Erbaugh said.
- United Airlines cutting 12 routes from several major air hubs
- ‘About 35 deaths’ reported in single Florida county after Hurricane Ian, sheriff says
- Airbnb hosts are sick of Airbnb, too
- Why do flies rub their limbs together?
- ‘Reprehensible’: Members of high school football team in California acted out slave auction