ENNIS, Texas (KETK/KXAS) – A 7-month-old Dallas-area infant was found safe on Friday after an Amber Alert was issued following his abduction.
Miguel David Lee Ramirez was taken by his mother, Faith Reid, 20, who did not have custody of him.
Investigators said Reid made it to the house in the 900 block of North Shawnee Street in Ennis, Texas on Thursday. The baby’s father, Joey Ramirez, lives at the residence, wrote our NBC affiliate KXAS.
Reid went into the home with Marcus Nast, 25, without permission and took the child, said police.
Nast has not been found yet, according to authorities.
Officers also mentioned the father followed Reid and Nast as they left the house. They got into a fight and Nast took out a gun and threatened to shoot the child’s father.
“He pulled a gun out on me and told me if I didn’t back up he was going to shoot me,” said Joey Ramirez.
Then, Nast put the child into a truck before the three individuals left the house.
According to a Parker County Sheriff’s press release, Parker County Sheriff’s Office investigated several tips regarding the child and the suspects.
A Parker County Sheriff’s Office press release said they followed many tips they got about the child and the suspects.
Friday afternoon, the Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team received an anonymous tip that a Ford F150 extended cab pickup truck was on Old Dicey Road. The person who gave the tip also said Reid and the baby were inside the vehicle.
Nast was walking in the area, according to authorities.
FAST members made it to the address and arrested Reid and rescued the 7-month-old.
The truck ran out of gas and was parked on the side of the road.
The baby seems to be healthy, and he should be reunited with his father, said Sheriff Authier.
“We could not be happier that the child was located unharmed and the female suspect was taken into custody without incident,” Sheriff Authier said. “We are still searching for the male suspect. Anyone with information about the location of the suspect is encouraged to contact their local law enforcement agency immediately.”
Nast is 5′ 11” and weighs 168 pounds. He has brown hair, brown eyes and was last seen wearing a red shirt with blue jeans.
He also has many tattoos on his neck and face.
Sheriff Authier also said people should not approach Nast if they see him because he is “believed to be armed and is considered dangerous.”
Miguel and Reid were found inside the truck and Reid was arrested.
She was taken to the Parker County Jail for a felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge by Ennis Police. Her bond was not set, yet.
The requirements for an Amber Alert to be issued in Texas are:
- The missing child must be 17 years of age or younger.
2. The law enforcement agency believes the missing child has been abducted. This means the child was either unwillingly taken from their environment without permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian, or taken by the child’s parent or legal guardian who commits an act of murder or attempted murder during the time of the abduction.
3. The law enforcement agency believes the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
4. The law enforcement agency has conducted an investigation that has verified that an abduction has taken place or ruled out alternative explanations.
5. Sufficient information is available to distribute to the public that could assist in locating the abducted child, suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction.