The bust was conducted by the Smith County Texas Anti-Gang Unit and DPS investigators.
The eight suspects arrested in the bust were:
- 64-year-old Jeffrey Alan Watts (Tyler)
- 53-year-old Chaminda P. Alwis (Tyler)
- 45-year-old Jason Wilhelm Veihl (Canton)
- 44-year-old Allen Ronald Johnson Jr. (Lindale)
- 32-year-old David Balderas (Tyler)
- 32-year-old Chester Ray Webb (Tyler)
- 30-year-old Ryan Craig Burgess (Lindale)
- 23-year-old (Leonardo Hernandez Rodriguez (Lovington, New Mexico)
Solicitation of prostitution is a state jail felony in Texas, meaning it carries a maximum of two years in prison along with a fine that could reach $10,000.