SMITH COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – A woman is dead after a head-on collision Tuesday morning in Overton around 11:05 a.m.
A 2021 Ford F-150 was traveling northbound on Highway 135 while a 2015 Nissan Altima was traveling southbound on Highway 135. The Nissan crossed over the center line and struck the Ford head-on.
Tammy L. Young, 55, of Troup, was driving the Nissan and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Richard P. Allen, 70, of Arp, was driving the Ford and was taken to UT Health East Texas in Tyler and is in serious condition.
- SFA makes a monster statement at home beating Grand Canyon 71-46 Thursday night
- 2022 FCA Heart of a Champion coaches prepare for another All-Star event in East Texas
- Smith County homeowner allegedly lit cigarette while using oxygen tank, leading to house fire, 2 injuries
- Palestine High School goes virtual after many teachers are absent due to COVID cases
- Warming centers opened at Tyler Salvation Army for those in need