TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL) — A Texarkana man is behind bars, accused of putting his girlfriend’s toddler in scalding hot water as punishment for having a dirty diaper last month.
According to the Texarkana Texas Police Department, Terrell Childs, 23, is charged with injury to a child with intent to cause serious bodily injury.
Police say this incident happened in late March while Childs was babysitting his girlfriend’s three-year-old son at their home when the child suffered severe burns on one of his buttocks. The toddler was taken to a local hospital where the staff contacted CPS.
TTPD says Childs’ explanation of what happened immediately seemed suspect, and it was later determined that Childs purposely put the little boy in scalding hot bath water as punishment for soiling his pamper.
An arrest warrant was secured for Childs, and he was arrested at the police department on Monday, April 12.
Childs is being held in the Bi-State Jail on the felony charge with a bond of $75,000.
- East Texas 15-year-old publishes 4th novel with plans to write more
- ‘That has a cost’: Why thrift shops don’t accept everything
- Vaccinated? Here’s how to score some freebies
- TJC Apaches honor late athletic trainer’s family, before forcing a Game Three in the District C Championship series
- Harmony erases seven-run deficit to beat Sabine 13-11 and win 2nd round playoff series in Tyler