TYLER, Texas (KETK) — A second man that was involved in a shootout at a house near Van has now been arrested, officials said Tuesday afternoon.
Jesse Lee Hasten, 29, of Mineola, was charged aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, being a felon in possession of a firearm and violating parole. He is in Smith County Jail with bonds totaling $400,000, said information from Smith County Sheriff’s Office.
He was booked into jail after he was released from a Tyler hospital where he was being treated for a gunshot wound.
Matthew Aric Jones, 23, also is being held in Smith County Jail under $300,000 bond in connection with the shooting. He is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Jones was taken into custody Saturday in Quitman by investigators with the U.S. Marshal’s Felony Fugitive Task Force, the announcement said.
Smith County Sheriff’s Office said Jones and Hasten were involved in a shootout with each other at a house on Smith County County Road 447 about 12:30 a.m. Friday.
When deputies arrived, Hasten was outside and had been wounded. Jones went to a hospital in Quitman for treatment for a bullet wound but left when law officers arrived.
- Michael W. Smith to perform at LeTourneau University
- Dave Bautista adopts abused puppy ‘Penny’ after offering $5K reward for information
- Whataburger ‘brings the chill’ with new Playmate Elite Cooler, fanny pack in collaboration with Igloo
- Sunday Evening Forecast: Rain chances return this work week
- Mickey’s keys to beating Philadelphia