LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) – A 31-year-old Lindale woman has become the second person sentenced to prison for the death of a man who was shot and left on the side of the road.
Gregg County District Judge Scott Novy on Tuesday sentenced Hannah McCartney to 30 years in prison. She previously pleaded guilty to a murder charge in connection with the death of LaDarius Bell, 26, of Tyler.
Last month, the same judge sentenced Jared Freelen, 25, of Lindale, to 30 years in prison on a murder charge for his role in the death.
According to judicial records McCartney, Freelan and Bell hatched a plot to rob a man in Longview but when they went execute the plan on Dec. 15, 2019, the intended victim opened fire on the three and a bullet hit Bell in the head.
Instead of seeking medical attention for Bell, McCartney and Freelan drove to a rural area along FM 2089 near Overton and dumped Bell on the side of the road where he died.
- PRECIOUS METAL: Soaring metal prices fuel black market of catalytic converter theft in East Texas
- TJC rallies past North Arkansas to lead off postseason
- How to get a $50 discount on your broadband bill
- Upshur County Sheriff’s Office to hold open house May 18
- VAX FACTS: Jarvis Christian College offering Pfizer vaccines to the public next week