LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK)- A Longview man was arrested after he barricaded himself inside a residence following a stabbing incident.
22-year-old Dequallian Thomas of Longview was charged with aggravated assault deadly weapon family violence. He was booked into the Gregg County Jail, according to the Longview Police Department.
On Tuesday, officers received a “cutting just occurred,” call around 6:03 p.m. in the 200 block of E. Edgefield Avenue. At the location, they found a man who had wounds to the head.
He was taken to a hospital in a private vehicle and suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Officers later noticed that a suspect involved in the incident went into the residence and had a knife.
Longview Special Weapons and Tactics Team and Negotiators were called to the scene. They tried to make contact with the suspect and were not successful.
SWAT used gas that was released into the residence and Thomas surrendered to authorities. No one was injured during this process.
UPDATE (10:06 P.M.)- The person who was barricaded after a stabbing has turned themselves into police.
LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK)-The Longview Police Department and their SWAT team are negotiating with a barricaded person after someone was injured in a stabbing.
Authorities received a call around 6:02 p.m. about the incident.
Police are currently at the scene in the 200 block of Edgefield Avenue, and they are trying to get the person to come out of the residence.
The victim was transported to the hospital in a private vehicle.
- Kilgore College, TJC, Trinity Valley, and the rest of the SWJCFC get ready for the 2021 fall football season
- Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee arrested for civil disobedience over voting rights bill
- “I thank god we found our family” TikTok reunites Michigan siblings after 40+ years
- East Texas school districts reviewing mask policies as COVID-19 cases rise
- ‘Happy tears’: Lee’s gold sparks joy at home in Minnesota