LUFKIN, Texas (KETK) — A Lufkin man has been charged early Friday with stealing catalytic converters from church vans.
Bradley Brown, 37, was arrested after he was caught by a police officer running from the parking lot of the Abundant Life Methodist Church, 1715 Sayer St., at 3:45 a.m., said information from the city.
The officer went to the church in response to a caller a suspicious person apparently cutting something off a church van.
The man ran from the parking lot into nearby woods. A short time later, he came out of the woods and was surrounded by officers.
Officers took as evidence three catalytic converters, a battery charger and a Dewalt brand power saw found outside the church
Brown was charged with theft and evading arrest.
- What to watch Friday night, Saturday morning at the Tokyo Olympics
- Woman charged in caught-on-camera bear encounter at Yellowstone National Park
- East Texas Baptist University to hold free COVID-19 vaccine clinic
- 20 ways women stole the show in the first week of the 2020 Games
- Kyle Gibson, Ian Kennedy sent to Phillies in last-minute trade deadline deal