TRINITY COUNTY (KETK) – A man has been charged with intoxication manslaughter after a passenger in his pickup truck died when he left the road and struck a tree.
The Department of Public Safety identified the victim as Chelsea McBride, 29, of Kennard. She died at the scene.
The driver, Blake Partain, 29, of Kennard, was found to be drunk when the accident happened 2 a.m. Sunday on FM 357, about 1.5 miles north of Apple Springs, said the DPS.
Partain was driving “at an unsafe speed,” drove off the road and struck a tree, the DPS said. The truck then caught on fire.
This crash remains under investigation.
- COVID-19 was third leading cause of death in 2020, CDC says
- Patrick Mahomes is ‘down for a challenge’ against MMA Fighter Julian Marquez
- Mourners pay respects to Prince Philip, leave flowers outside UK Embassy in Washington
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Dry and warm way to end the weekend
- Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw says he will be temporarily blind for a month after eye surgery