ATHENS, Texas (KETK) – A man who sped away from a deputy in Henderson County was later pulled from his car and arrested in Kaufman County.
Law officers have charged Billy Wayne Cantrell, 45, with possession of a controlled substance, evading arrest and attempting to destroy evidence, said information from Henderson County Sheriff’s Office.
He was also wanted for a parole violation.
A deputy attempted to pull Cantrell over just after midnight on Tuesday in Gun Barrel City. He stopped in Kaufman County after turning on a dead-end road, the news release said.
Inside the car, officers found a baggie with meth.
- PHOTOS: Deep sinkhole causes road closure in Kilgore
- Tyler ISD names new principal for Peete Elementary School
- Walter Mondale, Carter’s vice president, dies at 93
- 6-foot-tall stool set up at Longview High School as a message to fund Texas education
- Henderson man pleads guilty to stealing holiday packages from post offices