MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) – The Marshall Police Department arrested a man who was involved in a shooting that killed a 50-year-old man.
On Thursday, June 17, 2:47 a.m. police received a call about a shooting that occurred at an apartment complex in the 500 block of Veterans Avenue.
When police arrived they located Cedric Eugene King, 50, of Marshall who was unresponsive. King was later declared dead by the Justice of the Peace, according to Marshall PD.
Officers arrested 23-year-old Jakeous Jamal Johnson who was at the scene for questioning.
Based on the investigation, Johnson was booked in the Harrison County Jail with one count of first degree murder.
- Kilgore College, TJC, Trinity Valley, and the rest of the SWJCFC get ready for the 2021 fall football season
- Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee arrested for civil disobedience over voting rights bill
- “I thank god we found our family” TikTok reunites Michigan siblings after 40+ years
- East Texas school districts reviewing mask policies as COVID-19 cases rise
- ‘Happy tears’: Lee’s gold sparks joy at home in Minnesota