LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (KETK/NEXSTAR) – A Kentucky mother has been charged with murdering her 10-year-old son after police found his body in the trunk of her car.
According to our sister station WJHL and other media outlets, 28-year-old Kaitlyn Higgins told local police that she had shot her son.
The Courier-Journal reported that she tried to cut out his tongue. The arrest warrant says officers responded after a caller reported seeing Higgins with a gun and a dead boy wrapped in a blanket. They spotted drops of blood before opening the trunk.
Higgins was arrested on Wednesday and charged with tampering with evidence along with the murder.
- ‘That has a cost’: Why thrift shops don’t accept everything
- Vaccinated? Here’s how to score some freebies
- TJC Apaches honor late athletic trainer’s family, before forcing a Game Three in the District C Championship series
- Harmony erases seven-run deficit to beat Sabine 13-11 and win 2nd round playoff series in Tyler
- 2 small children among 20 migrants being smuggled in sealed truck bed, cargo trailer