NACOGDOCHES, Texas (KETK) – A 23-year-old Nacogdoches man has been charged with sexual assault of a child after he confessed to assaulting a young girl over three years, said the Nacogdoches Sheriff’s Office.
While being interviewed by investigators, Jesus Bautista, a TDCJ guard, said he sexually assaulted the girl, who is younger than 10, many times over three years, the news release said.
Bautista is in the Nacogdoches County Jail. Bond has been set at $500,000
The sheriff’s office said the victim told family members who then notified authorities. A medical exam revealed the child had been assaulted, the news release said.
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice has been notified of Bautista’s arrest.
- PHOTOS: Deep sinkhole causes road closure in Kilgore
- Tyler ISD names new principal for Peete Elementary School
- Walter Mondale, Carter’s vice president, dies at 93
- 6-foot-tall stool set up at Longview High School as a message to fund Texas education
- Henderson man pleads guilty to stealing holiday packages from post offices