QUITMAN, Texas (KETK) — A new Wood County K-9 unit is already finding and seizing illegal drugs, the sheriff’s office said.
Sgt. Austin Milbourn recently was paired with the office’s new K-9 officer, Jois, a German shepherd from Poland.
The pair was trained to work together at Pacesetter K-9 in Liberty Hill and became certified in narcotics detection and tracking.
“The duo has already been diligently serving the county with two successful deployments that resulted in the seizure of methamphetamine,” the announcement said.
- Brothers set record crossing large gap in park on a highline
- HPD: Off-duty Harris Co. deputy constable’s wife, 4-year-old stepchild shot in home invasion; suspect at large
- High Hill Farm Jazz Festival features variety of local musicians in Arp
- Motivational speaker breaks naked-skydiving record to bring awareness to mental health, suicide prevention
- Affidavit reveals one-year-old weighed 8 pounds at time of death, parents arrested