RUSK COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – Rusk County Sheriff’s Office arrested at least one person after a home burglary late Monday night.
41-year-old Jackie Dennis was placed in the Rusk County Jail and charged with burglary of a habitation. More suspects will have warrants for their arrests in the coming days, according to the sheriff’s department.
Two Rusk County homeowners arrived home on the 9700 block of Highway 84 East to a ransacked house Monday night. Several items from their home were loaded up into their own vehicle which was running.
According to the Rusk County Sheriff’s Office, the burglars were scared off and ran on foot when the homeowner called 911.
Law enforcement called the Beto Unit dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. This led to Dennis being arrested.
Dennis has several prior charges dating back to 1996. Charges include drug possession, assault, theft of firearm, evading arrest and more.
- Saturday Forecast: Sunshine & less humid
- Kilgore College and TVCC men will face off for the Region 14 basketball title on Saturday night
- Two teens find $10,000 at Atwoods hardware store during their shift; here’s what they did next
- East Texas family donates $2.2 million to help people with intellectual disabilities in honor of late son
- TVCC and TJC women set to clash in Region 14 championship game on Saturday