LUFKIN, Texas (KETK) — Lufkin police are investigating a case in which a woman left her purse and keys at a Walmart when she ran out after allegedly being caught trying to shoplift.
Without cars keys, she had no way to leave in her red 2015 Chrysler Sedan 4D.
Police were called to the Walmart Supercenter at 2500 Daniel McCall Drive about 11:45 a.m. Wednesday in response to a report of a theft in progress.
The woman attempted to steal $165 worth of merchandise from the store and “fled on foot from loss
prevention officers who attempted to stop her,” the police officer’s report said. “A short time later, a wrecker arrived to tow her vehicle after she requested a tow due to losing her
The report shows the case is under investigation and the woman had not been charged with a crime.
- McAfee antivirus software creator dead in Spanish prison
- Gov. Abbott says VP Harris should focus on Texans at border facing crime from illegal immigrants
- East Texas man charged in Capitol riot files motion to remove GPS monitoring while he’s on bond
- Broughton Rec Center in Longview closed for renovations
- LIVE: Biden to announce efforts to combat violent crime, gun violence