LIVINGSTON, Texas (KETK) — A man who sheriff’s investigators say stalked and then tied up his male victim has been arrested by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
Kenneth Lee Gibson, 50, is charged with aggravated kidnapping. He is booked in Polk County Jail under a $100,000 bond.
Sheriff Byron Lyons said that on Tuesday deputies and Texas Department of Public Safety troopers were called to the On The Road gas station in Leggett after someone reported that a man was tied up in a car.
They found a 49-year-old man in a car bound by ropes who had been assaulted, Lyons said.
Gibson, who was in the store, was taken into custody.
Detectives believe that Gibson had stalked the man and watched him while hiding in woods. Some of Gibson’s belongings were found in the woods near the victim’s house, Lyons said.
Gibson told detectives that he believed the man he is alleged to have assaulted had been using a fake identity and was responsible for a series of felony crimes in Austin, a news release said.
- Wes Suiter wins Ward No. 4 City Council runoff election race in Lufkin
- Dana Goolsby wins mayoral runoff race in Palestine
- Historic beyond measure, Malakoff rallies past London for 1st state title sending off their retiring coach on a white bronco
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Heat and humidity continue into next week
- East Texans gather in Downtown Tyler for Summer Kick-Off Festival