HENDERSON, Texas (KETK) — The Rusk County Sheriff’s Office has seized what it says are 30 fighting roosters from a property on County Road 2164.
Equipment used to train roosters to fight also was seized, said information posted Monday by the office.
“Warrants are being issued for the owners of the birds,” the announcement said.
The sheriffs deputies began investigating the property last week after receiving a tip that rooster fighting was taking place there.
The sheriff’s office has contacted the SPCA in Dallas to assist with the placement of the birds.
- East Texas Bridal Expo holds 12th annual extravaganza at UT Tyler
- Open Arms of Love Fellowship Church holds second annual free Tyler school supplies drive
- COVID-19 becomes political issue at Tokyo Olympics
- Couple says their newborn accidentally swapped at Tennessee hospital
- Suni Lee’s father after gold: ‘Is this real?’