UPDATE ( Aug. 2, 2021) – The Upshur County Sheriff’s Office released the identity of the woman who was fatally shot on July 31 in her home.
Jennifer Abigail Lile, 34, of Gladewater, Texas passed away. She was pronounced by Justice of the Peace Judge Wyone Manes. Her husband was also shot and wounded.
The incident happened at 288 Private Road 1016 off of Willow Oak Road.
Lile’s body was also sent to Tyler for an autopsy.
GILMER, Texas (KETK) — The Upshur County Sheriff’s Office says a woman was shot to death and her husband was shot and wounded Saturday night in their home in the county.
Mark James Lile, 37, of Gladewater, was being treated Sunday at UT Health Tyler for a “serious gunshot wound to the body,” a news release said. “It is suspected that his injuries were self-inflicted.”
The identity of his wife was not released.
The two were found about 7 p.m. Saturday in their home off Willow Oak Road in the Union Grove community when deputies arrived in response to a call of a shooting.
“The Upshur County Sheriff’s Office has not determined if the female’s wounds were self-inflicted or caused by homicide,” the news release said.
Justice of the Peace Precinct 1 Judge Wyone Manes ordered an autopsy of the woman.
- Jalen Hale: CHRISTUS Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute Athlete of the Week
- Greenberg Smoked Turkeys Inc. gear up for holiday season less than 1 year after devastating fire
- Sunday Night Forecast: Hot Monday, big cooldown mid-week
- ‘She touched the world’: Families release statements after body believed to be Gabby Petito found
- FDA advisory panel approves COVID boosters for elderly, high risk people