LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) – A Tatum man was arrested in Longview after officers say he admitted to punishing his dog for using the bathroom on the floor, resulting in “severe trauma” to the animal.
54-year-old David Fields was booked into the Gregg County Jail and charged with cruelty to an animal with serious bodily injury.
On Wednesday around 3:20 p.m., Longview Police were dispatched to America’s Best Value Inn located at 3100 Estes Parkway for a disturbance in one of the rooms.
When they arrived, officers say Fields admitted to punishing his dog for “using the bathroom on the floor.”
During the investigation, a veterinarian told officers the dog had severe trauma and it was taken to Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center for treatment.
According to Gregg County judicial records, Fields has a criminal history that includes theft, drug possession, criminal trespassing and other charges.
- Brothers set record crossing large gap in park on a highline
- HPD: Off-duty Harris Co. deputy constable’s wife, 4-year-old stepchild shot in home invasion; suspect at large
- High Hill Farm Jazz Festival features variety of local musicians in Arp
- Motivational speaker breaks naked-skydiving record to bring awareness to mental health, suicide prevention
- Affidavit reveals one-year-old weighed 8 pounds at time of death, parents arrested