LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) – A Tatum man was arrested in Longview after officers say he admitted to punishing his dog for using the bathroom on the floor, resulting in “severe trauma” to the animal.
54-year-old David Fields was booked into the Gregg County Jail and charged with cruelty to an animal with serious bodily injury.
On Wednesday around 3:20 p.m., Longview Police were dispatched to America’s Best Value Inn located at 3100 Estes Parkway for a disturbance in one of the rooms.
When they arrived, officers say Fields admitted to punishing his dog for “using the bathroom on the floor.”
During the investigation, a veterinarian told officers the dog had severe trauma and it was taken to Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center for treatment.
According to Gregg County judicial records, Fields has a criminal history that includes theft, drug possession, criminal trespassing and other charges.
- Unvaccinated people will likely catch COVID every 16 months on average, study finds
- Will new variants of the coronavirus keep appearing?
- Rising food and gasoline prices have East Texas families struggling to make ends meet
- Rusk County Sheriff’s Office receives award for putting end to cockfighting rings
- Thursday Evening Forecast: Limited rain chances and very warm temperatures through the weekend