GILLETT, Pa. (WETM) — Two parents are facing drug charges after they were found asleep while their 4-year-old son wandered into a neighbor’s home.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, a neighbor came home to find their front door open. Inside they found their neighbor’s son wearing only a diaper.
When police searched for the child’s parents they found Tapanga McCartney and Thomas Raymond sleeping with a plastic bag of suspected methamphetamine and a glass smoking device near the bed.
A 1-year-old girl was found sleeping in a crib nearby.
State Police say McCartney and Raymond “were unaware of their son’s whereabouts” and that additional drug paraphernalia was found in the home.
Bradford County Children & Youth Services took custody of the two children, and Raymond and McCartney were taken into custody.
- Walmart, Sam’s Club offering walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations
- Lufkin Police: Man on bike dies after hit-and-run wreck in Lufkin
- Saturday Forecast: Windy & humid today, storms Mother’s Day
- Brook Hill softball punches return ticket to TAPPS final four
- TJC baseball wins twice over Eastfield to play for world series berth