TEXARKANA, Texas. (KTAL/KSHV) – Texarkana police are investigating a murder where police believe a man purposely struck a pedestrian on a sidewalk.
On Jan. 9 around 4 p.m. officers were called to the 2200 block of N. Stateline where 35-year-old Cedric Traylor had been struck by a vehicle.
Police identified the driver as 22-year-old Montavious Sharp, and charged him with murder.
Police say their investigation revealed that the victim was intentionally struck by Sharp. The two men are believed to have been business partners.
Police found Chris Seely after they identified that Seely witnessed Sharp run over Traylor.
- East Texas Live Academy Sports + Outdoors Codeword Sweepstakes
- VIDEO: Pet tiger, Elsa, rescued from freezing weather in San Antonio brought to East Texas animal sanctuary
- Vehicle strikes person in golf cart near Grand Saline
- TONIGHT AT 10: A man being booked into Smith County Jail dies. What happened? Watch KETK’s investigation, ‘The Cost of a Life’
- PHOTOS: See Tyler before and after historic storm