NACOGDOCHES, Texas (KETK) — Stephen F. Austin State University has the top forestry program in Texas, according education technology firm Plexuss.
“I believe this ranking is a testament to the passion our faculty members share for the profession of forestry, as well as their dedication to ensuring our students succeed,” Dr. Hans Williams, dean of SFA’s Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture, said. “The recognition is especially meaningful as we celebrate the 75-year anniversary of the forestry program at SFA.”
Plexuss is an online platform used by students to contact peers, build professional networks, and research colleges.
It uses input from education partners, data scientists, employers, parents and high school counselors to determine university and program rankings .
SFA’s Bachelor of Science in Forestry offers six areas of emphasis: agroforestry, fire management, forest management, forest wildlife management, human dimensions in natural resources and urban forestry, said information from the university.
To learn more about SFA’s Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture, visit atcofa.sfasu.edu.
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane hacks you should know before storms come your way
- Mosquitoes in Greenville test positive for West Nile Virus
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Tyler to close section of Hollytree Drive for road work
- Tyler plans to expand its network of walking and biking trails
- Longview resident claims $5M Lotto Texas jackpot; but who is it?