TYLER, Texas (KETK) — The Tyler ISD Board on Thursday appointed Lindsey Harrison to fill the seat for District 6 vacated by Fritz Hager.
Harrison has worked as a marketing specialist in the medical device industry and has a degree from Texas Tech University with a concentration on communication, shows her LinkedIn account. She has been active in the Junior League of Tyler and Children’s Advocacy Center of Smith County, shows information she posted about herself online.
She attended TISD and has children in the school district.
Tyler ISD Board President Wade Washmon says trustees are excited to begin working with Harrison.
“She is a level-headed, energetic, service-minded, third-generation Tyler ISD alumni who enthusiastically supports Tyler ISD every chance she gets,” he said. “We have no doubt she will be a great board member who represents District 6 well. More importantly, she will help this Board in our pursuit of successful student outcomes.”
Hager announced on May 13 that he would be leaving his post on June 10 to attend law school and eventually practice law with his wife at their firm, Hager Law, PLLC.
“While I will continue to serve as a pastor at Bethel Bible Church and as a chaplain in the Texas State Guard, going back to school will prevent me from regularly attending board meetings and giving the role of Tyler ISD trustee the attention and time that the students and staff of Tyler ISD deserve,” he said earlier.
Hager was first appointed to the Board in 2015 to fill a vacancy in District 6. He was elected to fill the post in 2016. His current term was set to end in 2022.
- Off-duty Harris Co. deputy constable’s wife, 4-year-old stepchild shot in home invasion; suspect at large
- High Hill Farm Jazz Festival features variety of local musicians in Arp
- Motivational speaker breaks naked-skydiving record to bring awareness to mental health, suicide prevention
- Affidavit reveals one-year-old weighed 8 pounds at time of death, parents arrested
- Downside of ditching masks: Return of winter-like viruses, especially in kids