1 person dead following early Monday morning house fire in Marshall

Fire

MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) One person is dead following an early Monday morning house fire in Marshall.

According to officials, firefighters were called to a house in the 4300 block of Jeff Davis Drive shortly before 2 a.m. When they arrived, the home was engulfed in flames.

Upon searching the residence for survivors, one person was found dead inside. The name of the person has not been released as of this writing.

“Our firefighters did an outstanding job under the circumstances, battling weather conditions and other EMS runs. The Marshall Police Department provided exceptional support, helping survivor Edith Morton during this tragic event.”

Marshall Fire Department Chief Reggie Cooper

MFD officials said the man’s wife was able to escape the burning home unharmed.

No firefighters were injured. Fire investigators believe the blaze may have started in the fireplace.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Right Now

Don't Miss

Community Calendar

KETK Twitter & Facebook

FOX51 Twitter & Facebook