Vehicle in garage bursts into flames catching house in Henderson on fire

Fire

HENDERSON, Texas (KETK) — An elderly couple escaped harm when their home in Henderson caught on fire Friday afternoon.

Gerald and Evelyn Green, who live in the 4000 block of FM 3135 in Henderson, had just parked their mule, a utility side x sides, in the garage when the vehicle burst into flame.

Family members who live nearby saw the fire and alerted the couple who ran out.

By the time several Henderson area departments arrived, the fire had spread to the attic.

Photos from the scene show charred remains of the vehicle and fire damage near the garage.

Firefighters quickly had the fire under control.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Right Now

Don't Miss

Community Calendar

KETK Twitter & Facebook

FOX51 Twitter & Facebook