Longview mobile home destroyed after kitchen fire, three people displaced

Fire

LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) – Three Longview residents are without a home Monday morning after a fire destroyed a mobile home on Sunday.

According to the Longview Fire Department, the fire began just before 2 p.m. at 4311 Hiltzman Street. When crews arrived, they found the structure engulfed.

The blaze was extinguished without any injuries. A resident inside said he had been heating up cooking oil when it caught fire. The identities of the three people inside have not been released.

The Red Cross was notified to help the three people who were displaced. The mobile home was deemed “a total loss.”

The department responded with a large number of personnel, including:

  • 3 fire engines
  • 2 ladder trucks
  • 1 ambulance
  • 4 support vehicles
  • 21 personnel

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Right Now

Don't Miss

Community Calendar

KETK Twitter & Facebook

FOX51 Twitter & Facebook