TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL/KMSS) – Texarkana, Texas Fire Department is currently investigating the cause of a massive blaze at a vacant building downtown.
According to TTFD, the fire happened just before 2:30 a.m. Thursday morning at the corner of Spruce and Broad Streets.
The blaze required all Texas-side units and help from one unit on the Arkansas-side. Authorities said it took about four hours to get under control. “On arrival, they found the building well-involved in fire, beyond the level where we could make entry, so all of our tactics were defensive,” said TTFD Chief Eric Schlotter.
No injuries are reported.
- Former Cowboy Quincy Carter’s past mistakes didn’t crush his love for teaching the game of football
- Surfing for gold: Dependent on weather, defined by the ocean
- Six people injured in early morning shooting at after-hours club in Amarillo
- Michigan man carries flag for Samoa as Tokyo Olympics begin
- COVID-19 stays center stage at Tokyo Olympics