TYLER, Texas (KETK) – The IHOP at 115 West Southwest Loop 323 in Tyler sustained fairly significant damage in a fire Sunday night, Tyler Fire Marshal Paul Findley confirmed.
The Tyler active call logs show that an emergency call came in around 10:32 p.m. Sunday for a structure fire.
Findley said that the building was occupied at the time the fire began, but it was already evacuated when emergency personnel arrived on the scene. No injuries were reported.
According to Findley, it appears that the fire started on a griddle in the kitchen. It then spread onto a wall area and smoke filled most of the building.
The kitchen sustained fire damage and there was smoke damage throughout the building. Findley said it is likely the IHOP will stay closed for some time.
Investigators estimate that an excess of $100,000 worth of damage was done to the building.
The fire has been deemed an accident and the investigation is closed.
- TJC’s season comes to an end in Lubbock, Apaches fall 55-49 to Chipola in NJCAA women’s tournament quarterfinal
- Whitehouse roper Hayden Ford signs with Texas Tech’s rodeo team
- State of the Air Report: Tyler and the Dallas-Fort Worth area have high levels of ozone
- VIDEO: Earth Day celebration features rescued goats at East Texas animal sanctuary
- Use your East Texas Giving Day donations to enrich arts education through Young Audiences