VAN ZANDT, County (KETK) — Fire departments in Van Zandt County were called to a home on County Road 1103 after the home was apparently struck by lighting.
The homeowner called 911 about 9 a.m. after seeing smoke. A fire was in chimney area, firefighters on the scene said.
The home sustained smoke and water damage. There were no reports of injuries.
A thunderstorm was moving through the area at the time of the fire.
- Federal judge dismisses lawsuit brought by Houston nurses over COVID-19 vaccine requirement
- How a quick thumb-palm test can determine patient’s risk of having aneurysm
- 25 best used cars under $15,000
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Nacogdoches Blueberry Festival offers sweet surprises for everyone