TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Carter BloodCare says it needs blood donations as soon as possible to boost its dwindling supply.
“Already struggling to keep up with community demand due to the prolonged pandemic, this week’s weather has only compounded the issue by having to close all donor centers and mobile drives earlier this week,” said Linda Goelzer, director of public relations.
“They are slowly reopening centers. We need healthy members of the community who can safely travel to donor centers to either schedule an appointment or walk in to donate blood ASAP,” she said.
Donation centers throughout the area have been closed for several days because ice and snow have made roads to hazardous to drive.
Carter BloodCare provides blood and blood products to dozens of hospitals and clinics in the region.
Information on where to donate who can donate is available at carterbloodcare.org
- Officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask
- LIVE: Trump speaks at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment
- Storage facility ‘a complete loss’ after fire crews worked more than 5 hours in Harris County
- UT Austin, Texas A&M create fundraising challenge to help students affected by winter storms