LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) – CHRISTUS Good Shepherd in Longview announced that vaccine appointments for this weekend are being postponed because of the winter storms.
Those with appointments for this weekend, Feb. 20 or 21, will be automatically rescheduled for the same time of day at a later date.
- Saturday, Feb. 20 (2nd dose appointments) will be rescheduled for Friday, Mar. 5
- Sunday, Feb. 21 (1st dose appointments) will be rescheduled for Sunday, Mar. 7
Individuals will receive texts, calls or emails beginning Wednesday evening alerting them of their new appointment.
Those who are unable to make the appointment or wish to cancel can call 877-335-5746.
“We want to reassure those affected that rescheduling the Feb. 20, second dose appointments for March 5, is still in keeping with current CDC guidelines for administering the Pfizer vaccine,” CHRISTUS Good Shepherd wrote in a statement. “If it is not feasible to adhere to the recommended 21-day interval, the second dose of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines may be administered up to six weeks (42 days) after the first dose and still be effective.”
- Bull riding competition moves from Longview to Forth Worth
- Smith County animal shelter will begin charging fees in April
- St. Paul Children’s Services accepting donations after losing more than 1,000 pounds of food due to winter storm
- UT-Austin won’t require SAT or ACT scores for 2022 applications due to COVID-19
- Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges